If you live in southern California, it’s time to have fun in the crowds and eat unhealthy fair food, at the annual Orange County Fair, this year titled “Home Sweet Home.” Located in Costa Mesa, it’s been open for a week and will continue until August 12th, open every Wednesday to Sunday.
There are lots of activities to take part in, so let’s start with with the children can do:
- All the usual fair rides and games including the Big Wheel
- Petting zoo for younger children
- Forest animal exhibit- meet a live owl, tarantula, hedgehog, tortoise and more with the park ranger
- A magician who performs set shows in the evenings
- A giant, super-sized sandbox
- Cross bow target for all ages
- Chocolate Unwrapped- a 3,000 square foot display featuring a step-by-step guide as to how chocolate is made, and the history of it. Wait- why am I still typing this?! I should be there!
There are various contests daily, such as cupcake-baking and pie-eating, along with many talented people showing off their work like bakers, artists, woodworkers and photographers. So your kids won’t just be playing and eating, but they’ll get to learn too.
If you happen to have a babysitter or no kids just yet, there is plenty for adults to do too. The Pacific Amphitheatre brings concerts by a different artist every night including Sheryl Crow on July 25th and Martina McBride on August 10th. Tickets for the concerts are higher in price, but they include the fair entrance fee, so check out the details here. You can also visit The Hangar which is a theater bringing tributes to various bands and artists each night, and the Action Sports Arena which has dog shows, demolition derbies, an “Ultimate Dodgeball Tournament” on July 28th and more.
The Orange County Fair promises great family fun, so pack the kids up and enjoy!
Category: Travel Reviews