I Think My Breastpump Is Trying to Tell Me Something

I was spending a little time at the pump a few days ago, staring off into space (why didn’t I get a hands-free pumping bra again?), when I noticed something. It was my breastpump. It was.. Well… It was speaking to me.

I know it sounds crazy. Basically, the pump was emitting a repetitive noise that sounded something like, “Over here, over here, over here.”

You should have seen me sitting there, pumping away, with my ear right next to the pump. Yep, it was talking all right. I listened for a good five minutes before I decided that I needed to consult someone who might be able to provide me with answers.

So, I took it to Twitter, the place where I am bound to find at least one person weirder than myself. I tweeteed, “Does anyone else’s breastpump talk to them?” And, it just so happens that I am not the only one. It turns out that more than a few people out there have breastpumps that talk too!

One Internet Friend claims that her breastpump says, “Let it go, let it go, let it go.” Another says hers chants, “I’m ok, I’m ok, I’m ok.” I have to say that I like the motivational tone these breastpumps are taking on. I’m actually kind of jealous. My breastpump is leaving me hanging with, “Over here.” What’s up with that?

So- while I’m stuck with, “Over here, over here, over here.” I’ll be over here. Pumping away. Waiting for the next message. Hopefully it will be something like, “Cookies won’t make you fat, cookies won’t make you fat, cookies won’t make you fat.”

Moms- Does your breastpump have something to say?

-Contributed by Morgan

Comments

1. I used to think the exact same thing. I’m not usually crazy but maybe pumping makes us crazy?

2. Erin M. says:

OMG! I thought I was the only one!! Mine definitely says, “you’ll pay, you’ll pay, you’ll pay”. Creepy!!!!

3. Shelby says:

That is hilarious. Mine says “Squish, pull. Squish, pull.” lol

4. Christina says:

Haha, I thought I was crazy but my sons name is Jakub and I swear my pump says “JA” KUB”, over and over!!!

5. Kelly Bardier says:

Haha…this was actually the topic of a breastfeeding group I went to. I swear mine always said, “Hurry up, Hurry up” which really kind of stressed me out since I pumped on my lunch break at work and barely had enough time anyway!

6. Lindsey says:

Mine says “moo, moo” lol

7. hahah totally! My husband and I always thought it said different things (‘tho I can’t remember what any of them were). Soon enough- baby #2 is on the way and we will once again have the pleasure of my breastpump’s words ;p

8. Rochelle Bailey says:

AMAZING how good it feels to know I was not crazy when I was a pumping mom! I would try and try to not hear it, shake my head, music, whatever but NOPE…I still heard every phrase imaginable and then it became this weird game of what else it could be saying!!! I completely agree with the first post…I think pumping makes us CRAZY!!!

9. DesiK says:

I have the Lansinoh Double Electric and I swear it says “Red Rum”. Talk about creepy…

10. mine sounded like it was sneezing.

11. Mercedi says:

I swear mine was saying “you’re the queen, you’re the queen”. I thought I was going crazy!

12. This is hilarious b/c my friend and I were just sharing stories on how our breast pump taunted us. Mine said “pump more, pump more, pump more…” It drove me crazy b/c I was tormented not being able to get much. I have IGT. It made me cry.

13. Okay, I must correct myself…it was “pump some more” b/c I’m sure there were 3 syllables in there!

14. My pump doesn’t speak but the let down phase sounded like some European electronic dance music. Seriously stressful!

15. Janie says:

I am SO GLAD I am not the only one this has happened to! I hear “We love hoes… We love hoes” (What??!! Why!?! Lol) and “Tina Fey… Tina Fey” lol

16. maggie says:

OMG I just found this. Mine said Tina Fey Tina Fey too!!! And I haven’t used it in 4 years but I will NEVER forget the sound of Tina Fey. So freakin weird

Trackbacks

1. [...] and while it still expresses milk efficiently, I’ve started to notice a few design flaws (and there’s also the issue of it talking to me). I was delighted when Medela asked if I wanted to review the new Pump in Style On the Go Tote. [...]

2. [...] and while it still expresses milk efficiently, I’ve started to notice a few design flaws (and there’s also the issue of it talking to me). I was delighted when Medela asked if I wanted to review the new Pump in Style On the Go Tote. [...]