I am currently on vacation with The Chicks visiting my brother, his wife and their two year old. I love my brother dearly, but when it comes to baby products- he’s a total snob. Well, I guess I am too. We just both have a passion for quality baby and kid gear.
Our mutual love for high-end children’s products makes for some healthy sibling rivalry, as we are often trying to one- up each other in the kid gear department. We both have hippie roots, so we have particular fondness for natural, non-toxic, organic kid stuff.
Little did he know that I was going to totally blow him away with what I brought with me this visit- The Pura Kiki stainless steel bottle and toddler sippy cup set. Pura has come out with a totally innovative stainless steel infant bottle that converts to a toddler sippy cup. Check it out:
Here is why the Pura Kiki line rocks my world:
- The Pura Kiki infant bottle is the only infant bottle on the market that is 100% plastic free. All the bottles are made from #304 antibacterial stainless steel. Even the screw on lid is made of stainless steel.
- The bottles are totally BPA free. Even some products that claim to be BPA free still contain traces of BPA due to cross contamination at manufacturing plants.
- The infant bottle is easily converted into a toddler sippy cup by simply switching the nipple out for a sip spout. This bottle grows with your child.
- The volume markings are inside the bottle, making it easy to measure how much liquid your child is consuming.
- The Pura Kiki bottle comes with its own nipple, but it is also compatible with wide neck nipples from leading manufacturers like Think Baby, Born Free, Dr. Brown’s and Avent.
- Because the bottles are stainless steel, I don’t have to worry about them breaking like I do with glass baby bottles.
How Does Pura Kiki Compare to Klean Kanteen?
I have to admit that my brother and I are both die-hard Klean Kanteen fans. When I saw the Pura Kiki bottles I had my doubts, but I had to give them a try. After comparing the two, here is why I think the Pura Kiki stainless steel bottles are superior:
- Pura Kiki has all stainless steel parts. Klean Kanteen has a plastic twist top.
- The Pura Kiki bottles are super slim and easy to hold. They fit really nicely in the bottle pockets of my diaper bag.
- Pura Kiki bottles accommodate the Avent Sport spout just like Klean Kanteen, except Pura is also compatible with several other nipples and spouts on the market.
- The Pura Kiki bottles come in a 5 oz and 11 oz size. Klean Kanteen only comes in a 12 oz size.
- The Pura Kiki bottles convert from a baby bottle to a toddler sippy cup. I love that I have one set of bottles that I can use on Baby Chick and Big Chick. I don’t have to mess around with different sets of bottles and cups.
- Finally, they just look cool. As much as I love functional products, design is a huge factor for me too.
There are a ton of other fabulous things I can say about the Pura Kiki line. All the bottles come in plain stainless and fun colors (the aqua blue is my personal fave- very retro), the bottle doesn’t get too warm when it’s filled with milk (never put liquid over 99 degrees in the bottles), and the bottles and all their parts are dishwasher safe. Pura is even coming out with an insulated bottle line that will keep liquids hot or cold for up to six hours (I can’t wait!).
A few days into our vacation, my brother and I were sitting at the dinner table with all the kids. Mine were drinking from their Pura Kiki bottles and his was drinking from a Klean Kanteen. My brother looked over at me and said, “This is really hard for me to say, but I was really hoping your Pura bottles would suck. But they are so much better than mine.”
-Contributed by Morgan
Category: Product Reviews